Interactive workshops also available online via Zoom
Does poorly managed stress cost your business money?
Do you have people signed off or underperforming due to personal problems?
Are you managing disciplinary cases based on bullying or addiction?
Do you have employees avoiding important work or health responsibilities due to confidence issues?
Is conflict in the workplace decimating productivity?
In 2012 the UK economy lost 10.4 billion days to stress with a cost of £618 per day giving a total of £6.5 billion
The simple answer is to manage stress effectively in the workplace through:
– Crisis Counselling – personal stress management
– Conflict Mediation – interpersonal stress management
– Emotional Intelligence Workshops – to avoid poor stress management leading to the need for Counselling & Mediation
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) defines stress as ‘the adverse reaction people have to excessive pressure or other types of demand placed upon them’.
The consequences of unmanaged stress cost UK business £6.5B per annum due to:
- Absenteeism – weeks/months signed off with stress
- Lack of ability to plan as sign off periods are extended
- “Presenteeism” – attending work with low engagement/productivity
- Ill healthy as immune system is compromised
- Poor decisions/deferred decisions – missed deadlines
- Costly mistakes – affecting both bottom line & client relationships
- Lost opportunities – poor pitches, procrastination
- Internal relationships suffering – workplace conflict
- Transmitting stress downwards/externally
- Bullying, poor management
- Lack of team focus, direction & motivation if manager is absent
- Loss of reputation/goodwill/bad PR
- Additional HR work monitoring, reporting & support
- High staff turnover & resultant recruitment costs
- Employee disputes, grievances & court action
One of the difficulties of managing stress at work is that obviously only a proportion of stress will be caused by people’s jobs, with CIPD members estimating that 60% of stress-related absence is for non-work causes such as:
- Medical diagnosis of self or loved one
- Coping with custody issues
- Relationship breakdown/crisis
- Physical assault of self or loved one
- Health checks e.g. MRi, Blood tests
- IVF anxiety
- Issues with children e.g. Exam stress, Anxiety, Self Harming, custody, estrangement
- Phobias preventing progression eg Flying, Presentations
- Interpersonal issues e.g. personality clashes or bullying
- Debt Issues
and the common fall out of these issues:
- Addiction – drugs, alcohol, food, gambling, sex
- Emotional volatility e.g. Tearful/Anger/bullying
- Panic attacks
What if you could get your staff back on their feet & back to full effectiveness in a fraction of the time?
999 Crisis Counselling:
For life’s car crash events e.g. miscarriage, discovering an affair, health diagnoses of self or loved ones, emergency blood tests or MRi for a phobic
I provide emergency 48 hours crisis coaching – I will guarantee my availability for a 2 hours session either face to face or by video link within 48 hours of contact 365 days a year.
After 2 hours they will feel supported & able to conceive of coping 80:20
Follow-up sessions regain resilience & productivity
Chronic ongoing issues:
After 999 coaching or where a staff member has been struggling for sometime & simply cant seem to make progress 121 ongoing sessions to create movement & build confidence & coping strategies e.g. debilitating stress, bereavement, IVF, divorce/separation
Drop In Clinic & Helpline:
Available to attend your premises on a regular basis for drop ins or helpline
Use of mediation was reported to completely resolve issues in 49% of cases & completely or partly resolve issues in 89% (500 companies, 2008)
While in only 16% of cases was mediation used AFTER an actual or threatened tribunal claim, in 9% of those instances a claim was withdrawn
Of those that had used mediation, 99% agreed that it was a good tool for resolving workplace disputes
Emotional Intelligence Workshops:
- Emotional Resilience
- Building Self Confidence
- Conflict Management
- Managing difficult conversations
Previous Corporate Experience:
Having spent over 10 years in the corporate sector, Nichola is completely at home with the pace, quality & priorities of big companies. Before becoming a therapist Nichola had a successful career in Blue Chip FMCG marketing working for Kraft Jacob Suchard, Heinz, J Sainsburys, Henkel, and Sara Lee.
As a consultant Nichola managed projects for several global companies including the BBC, British Airways & Thompson Travel.
Nichola has provided therapy services for several London based companies including Discovery, Chelsea Football Club & Enjoy-work
She is results driven, focussed, responsive & maintains extremely high professional standards.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 07946 526 838